Monday

Remembering Work, Life, Love Balance

I want apologize for being slow to post the past few weeks, my father had back surgery today. No matter how much I love to share my passion for my chosen career, it doesn’t compare to the love I have for my family and they will always come first, no matter what.

Not only was this the first time in my 36 years that I had to see my dad in a hospital bed, it is also my parents wedding anniversary.

By the way, my dad is doing great. When he was barely cognizant and as soon as his wife walked away, he tried to bribe me give him his cel phone so he could check in with his office! He also took that time, in his drug induced state to ask me to get “The Roses” for him.

On their first anniversary my penniless father purchased one rose for my mother representing their first year together. The next year 2 roses, the next 3 and so on.

Today he had me purchase 41 roses.

I placed the roses in my parent’s home with a card. The card contained the same simple phrase my father has always said to my mother, “All My Love, All My Life.”

Everything that happened today reminded me to stop sometimes and just breathe. No matter what we do for “a living” stop and some times just remember to just “live.”

I will speak to you in a few days. Right now I am going to step away from the keyboard and cozy up to my husband while he watches football. (What can I say, sometimes love, is also sacrifice)

Cheers.






Digg!