Tuesday

Researching Interview Questions

I love it when I speak to a candidate and they tell me that they have been researching possible interview question. Hee, hee, hee. These are my favorite! I compliment them on there tenacious, through process and as a recruiter, I appreciate that they are prepared for me.

I then chat with them for about 45 minutes. As soon as I am concluding the conversation they actually realize they were interviewed.


I know about the shortage in their store, the employee in which they had the most trouble, their style of management, how engaged they are with developing there team and the DUI they received in 2003. They know about the direction of my company, the training, benefits and what we are looking for in a candidate and what we have to offer them.

They were relaxed waiting for the questions to start & enjoyed the conversation. Most importantly, I learned about the candidate by speaking with them, not at them.

I also know that it was probably one of the easiest interviews they have experienced. I also know that I am one of the hardest recruiters to get past but they will never know it.



Digg!